“Crème de Menthe”
Designed by Pat Campano / Richard Eckert, 1974
Scherrie Payne, Mary Wilson, Cindy Birdsong
Material & Embellishments: Chiffon and crepe with sequins, plastic jewels, and star rhinestones.
Notable TV Appearances: The Merv Griffin Show (1975)
Other notable facts:
- There were four gowns in this set as a matching maternity gown was made for Mary Wilson. Scherrie Payne’s gown had a different neckline that was altered in 1976.
Displayed in Reflections: The Mary Wilson Supreme Legacy Gown Collection exhibit
- Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame & Museum | Cleveland, Ohio (April-September 2004)
- Detroit Historical Society | Detroit, Michigan (July 2005-February 2006)
- Long Island Museum | Stony Brook, New York (July-October 2007)
- Victoria & Albert Museum | London, England (May-October 2008)
- Experience Music Project | Seattle, Washington (June-September 2010)
- The African-American Museum | Philadelphia, Pennsylvania (January-June 2013)